Betawi is a tribal designation for the city of Jakarta. History of the betawi is so dynamic culinary heritage influence. The typical food of the Betawi culture is influenced by the Chinese, Europeans, and Arabs. The flavor of savory and delicious is the characteristic of typical food. Actually, the Betawi has many delicious specialities. However, along with the rapid development of the Jakarta Metropolitan City that is at once the nation’s capital this Indonesia, the Betawi specialties have been many rare even almost extinct. Therefore, it is important to preserve a culinary heritage of ancestors.
UDUK RICE IS A FAMOUS FOOD FROM BETAWI – JAKARTA
Uduk Rice is one of our specialties. Almost all of the Jakarta community’s (though not the Betawi) know Uduk Rice. Uduk Rice is very familiar as breakfast in Jakarta. Similar to nasi liwet Uduk Rice made from white rice cooked in spices. Spices such as Uduk Rice salt, coconut milk, Lemongrass leaves, bay leaf, and lime leaves. The taste is very delicious Uduk Rice and savory. Uduk Rice usual eaten with a fried egg, sliced in Curry stews, fried chicken, potato balado, jerked, and peanut sauce.
Menu Betawi cuisine is indeed still easy we encounter, but who is able to present the original flavors of Uduk Rice can be counted on the fingers. The point of the original flavors of Uduk Rice Betawi into something rare and hard to come by. For the traveler or anyone who is visiting Jakarta, can taste original taste typical Uduk Rice.
To generate the original flavor of the uduk rice may not be easy. The bottom line in addition to the rice should really Cook, a blend of herbs and spices are also to be precise. This is not an easy question because Uduk Rice consists of several types of food such as rice, scrambled egg, chicken, peanut sauce, and others.
How to make a Uduk Rice betawi typical applications pretty easy. Only with simple ingredients like rice and coconut milk and a little extra spice spice, you can already enjoy the taste nasi uduk and delights. How to make a Uduk Rice was actually exactly the same as the yellow rice recipe but not using turmeric.
Complete Uduk Rice recipe requires a few extra materials other materials such as fried chicken, crackers, chips, tempe/tofu, sliced cucumbers, sliced eggs, and add with a sprinkling of fried shallots. However to be able to make sense of the typical Betawi Uduk Rice is tasty and delicious of course mother must pay attention to some other instructions.
The main thing when creating dishes especially Uduk Rice Uduk Rice typical betawi i.e. Choose quality rice and coconut milk. Rice is best suited for making sticky rice Uduk Rice i.e. a little silver. If you use the rice sticky like rice imports are certainly the results are insufficient, because a great Uduk Rice has the texture of the rice is a bit hard and not sticky. At least you have to choose a good quality rice and not the rice imports are mostly very sticky.
To be able to produce a quality Uduk Rice with savory flavors perfect course should also use coconut milk and new (still fresh). Select the old coconut which is characterized by skin serabutnya rough. With coconut half old will reduce the flavor of savory at Uduk Rice.
The Materials of Uduk Rice:
- Rice: 500 grams (½ kg).
- Coconut milk: 600 ml (3 cups) of 1 grain old coconut.
- Bay leaf: 4 sheets.
- Lemongrass: 2 medium-size trunk.
- Coriander: ± ¾ teaspoon coriander powder.
- Pandan leaves: 2 to 3 sheets (if the mother uses pandan rice need not add pandan leaves).
- Salt: ± 1 tablespoon.
How to make special Betawi Uduk Rice
- Wash the rice until it is clean and drain.
- Steamed rice with langseng for approximately 20 to 25 minutes (half-baked).
- Take the pot size to taste then enter (coconut milk + + Lemongrass leaves + coriander powder + salt + pandan leaves) stir stir and then simmer over medium heat until boiling.
- Insert the rice in the pot size aron to taste and pour the water boiled coconut milk up to ± 1 segment finger on top of the rice.
- Next cook with small to medium flame until water runs out the coconut milk, stirring time let me matangnya once evenly.
- Steamed for approximately 30 minutes (ripe).
- Foster direct and save Uduk Rice in the containers provided.
Uduk Rice sambal ingredients :
- Peanuts: ± 100 grams.
- Cayenne Red: 4 pieces.
- : 2 cloves garlic.
- Granulated sugar: ± ½ teaspoon.
- Salt: ± ½ teaspoon.
- Lemon: 1 seed.
How to make spicy Uduk Rice
- Fry the peanuts with a little cooking oil. Fried garlic (let along with fried practically peanuts).
- Mashed (uleg) until smooth (fried ground beans + garlic + sugar + salt).
- When serving add with a bit of hot water with the addition of lemon juice …
- Material other material as a supplement to the presentation, such as: slices of scrambled eggs, chips, cucumber, tofu/tempeh fried in Curry, stews and more.
The typical presentation of advice Uduk Rice betawi: Serve together with sprinkling of fried shallots and other additional materials such as: dry tempe, sliced omelet, in Curry stews, fried vermicelli, chips and more. Bonapetite !
Welcome to Indonesian Paradise … I Love Indonesia
Related Interest Posts
0 don't likes