Indonesia not only has cultural and tribal diversity but also has the culinary diversity. One of the dishes that are favored by many quarters from children to parents is mush. Even the porridge in Indonesia has a lot of its kind ranging from chicken porridge, a half-hour from palembang to porridge, and Manado porridge. Typical food of Manado this actually has the name Porridge Tinutuan however more popular as Manado porridge..
If you are on vacation in Manado (Sulawesi) do not miss to taste the Manado porridge, or as much as possible find out the recipe of porridge in Manado. Because the porridge this one other than the others and has a distinctive flavour. If considered from his real name, Tinutuan is manado Malay, meaning “semrawut”. And that’s the first impression that certainly you get when faced with one bowl of porridge tinutuan. In one bowl of porridge tinutuan there are a wide variety of materials so impressed “semrawut”( flighty ). But do not be prejudiced in the past, that is the source of pleasure from Manado porridge or congee tinutuan is. If you had not come to Manado, quiet just because we are happy to share the recipe for you all.
Tinutuan or commonly called Manado porridge is a typical form of Manado porridge of rice and cassava mixed pumpkin or pumpkin red in Manado called sambiki which is mashed and added a variety of vegetables that can be adjusted to taste like spinach, kale or gedi is typical only in Manado. If liked, to be also added fish such as anchovies, dried fried tuna fish or nike made fritters. If you happen to be visiting to Manado, try to Wakeke, there is available a wide range of specialties in Manado and famous culinary specialties became an icon of Manado.
Ingredients for making Manado porridge :
- 1 cup rice
- 300 grams of Red pumpkin or pumpkin cut into cubes
- 300 grams cubed yams or cassava
- 4 pieces of corn, comb
- 1 bunch spinach or Kale
- 4 garlic granules
- Fish fried salty fish or Gedi to taste
- Basil to taste
- Water sparingly
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
How to make pureed Manado porridge
How to make pureed Manado tinutuan is very easy, Manado porridge is rice, yams, cassava and pumpkin are cooked to a mush. While that has been added vegetable, fish and chilli sauce called tinutuan. Here’s how to make slurry Manado added vegetable and fish so it becomes tinutuan
- Input of rice, yams, cassava and pumpkin that has been cut into a pot containing 4 cups of water. Cook until it turns into mush.
- Add water if the texture is less good, add salt and pepper, mix well. Cook until thickened, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, Saute garlic until aromatic, add a little water and add pureed cooked, stir well then check the flavor. Add salt, pepper to taste and flavor enhancer. Cook until boiling.
- Input of vegetables, Basil and cook until wilted, lift.
- Additional fried salty fish or fish gedi and complement such as ketchup or chili sauce.
Well bonapetite !
Welcome to Indonesian Paradise … I Love Indonesia
Related Interest Posts
0 don't likes